Before using this feature, check your state and federal laws about call recording. Some laws require both parties to agree to any recorded conversation, while others only require one party to consent.
To help follow these laws, recorded calls will announce to all participants when recording begins and ends.
Add the call recording option
- At the top right of the page, click Settings > Settings.
- Open the "Calls" tab.
- Check the box next to "Call Options."
Record a call
You can record a call you receive to your Google Voice number. It's not currently possible to record outbound calls made from your Google number, or calls made or received through the Hangouts app.
- Answer an incoming call to your Google Voice number.
- To start recording, press 4 at any time during the call. All participants will hear an announcement that the recording has begun.
- To stop recording, press 4 at any time during the call. All participants will hear an announcement that the recording has ended.
- Hanging up will also end the recording.
Listen to recorded callsComputer
- At the left of the page, point to More and click Recorded.
- Find the call you want to listen to, and click the play icon .
- On your Android device, open the Google Voice app .
- At the bottom, touch the folder icon .
- Touch Recorded.
- Find the call you want to listen to, and touch the recording to open it.
- At the bottom left, touch the play icon .
- On your iOS device, open the Google Voice app .
- At the top left, touch Menu .
Megan is a Google Voice expert and the author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.