- Download and install [ Audacity], an open-source audio editing program. This program will be useful later for converting a raw audio source file into the MP3 file format.
- Locate the microphone input for your computer. Most laptops will have a microphone built into the system by default and locating it is just a matter of reading the manual. For desktop computers, however, it is unlikely that a microphone will be built into it.
- Computer microphones for everyday use can be purchased from a local electronics store for cheap. A cheap microphone won't produce studio quality sound, but it should be satisfactory for most users.
- Launch the Sound Recorder program. Sound Recorder is a default program on versions of the Windows operating system that can record microphone input. Open by going to the Start Menu -> Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Sound Recorder.
- Record your message. Click on the red Record button in Sound Recorder and speak into your microphone. When you're happy with the result, save the recording in the WAV format.
- Launch the Audacity program. Select the "Import" option using the MP3 Encoder. Click on the "Settings" menu and choose "Custom." Setup the MP3 Encoder options according to your preference.
- Begin the conversion process from WAV to MP3. Find the WAV sound file that you recorded earlier and right click on the file. Go to File -> Export and save the file as an MP3 file.
- Wait for the conversion process to finish. The MP3 Encoder will work to convert the raw audio source WAV file into an MP3 file with the same name. Make sure not to exit out of the conversion process or you will have to start it again.
- Enjoy your MP3 file. Once the MP3 conversion process is complete, feel free to go ahead and upload the resultant MP3 file to the Internet or transfer it into your MP3 player or just play it back using an audio player on your computer.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Pleas help me, my BSR screen recorder is not working ...
Audio Not Working Windows 10 - Fix Windows 10 Audio ...
Speakers are not working on windows 10 : FIXED