To download Icecream Screen Recorder, click on the “Download” button and save the installation file on your computer. After that, run the file and follow Wizard’s guidelines to complete the installation. Upon the completion, simply open the program and skip straight to the settings.
Change recording settings
To change recording settings, click on the “Settings” button in the bottom right corner of the main window. It will redirect you to the Settings panel with a number of parameters. Tweak them for a successful recording session.
- Sound. To capture not only the video but also the system and mic sounds, check the “Record sound” box in the “Sound” tab. After that, you will be able to record videos with the sound or use the mic to make comments on the video. To tweak the sound settings, press the “Open mixer” button – you will be given an access to 2 sound settings panels: one is for general sound settings and the other one is for mic configurations.
- Folders. In this section, user can choose the folder where all the output files will be saved. Click on the folder icon and use Windows Explorer to select a folder all your videos will be saved to.
- System. If you don’t want to record a video that is too long to your hard drive’s capacity, you should set the maximal file size and minimal disc space. Just type in the values and the program will stop recording once the limit is exceeded. Besides, you can choose the language of the interface (English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Russian, etc.) in this section.
- Hotkeys. Hotkeys like “Rec/Pause”, “Stop”, “Switch control” and “Cancel” will help you record videos in a more convenient way. The program offers default hotkeys, but you can change them to the custom ones if necessary. Simply type in the desired combinations in the corresponding fields and save the changes.
- Recording. In this tab, you can find a number of handy options for a better recording result. For example, you can enable or disable your mouse by checking the “Record mouse cursor” box, and highlight it by checking the “Mouse highlight”. Besides, it’s possible to enable a countdown before capturing. If you don’t want your desktop icons to be visible during the process, enable the “Hide desktop icons” option. In case you are recording a streaming video and not planning to sit in front of the screen during the entire session, neglected screensaver can ruin your plan. Checking the “Disable screensaver” box will help you prevent it.
Once the settings are tweaked, click on the “Save settings” button in the bottom right corner. Press the “Cancel” button on the bottom left to cancel the changes and go back to the main window.
Once you changed the settings, you can start recording by pressing the “Capture video” button in the middle of the main window.
Frame the recording area – after that, a control panel will become available, and you can use the “Switch control” button to activate the desktop, select one of the preset parameters (full screen, 720p, 1024x768p, 640x480p, 320x240p, or 160x140p), and use the Draw panel which features different tools for drawing over the screen (brush, rectangle, oval, arrow and text).
The “Undo” and “Clear all” buttons are located at the right side of the window and help you to cancel the changes.