N-Track Studio is an audio & MIDI multitrack recorder that turns your Mac into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks. The program supports simultaneous recording from multiple 16 and 24 bit soundcards, and real-time audio effects can be applied non-destructively to each track. Built-in effects include Multiband Compression, Delay, Graphic EQ, Pitch Shift and time stretch, Parametric EQ and spectrum analyzer with guitar tuner.
The program can use third party AU and VST plug-ins to process in real-time audio signals. Effect can also be used to process the recorded signal in real-time so that the computer can act as a multi-effects device.
MIDI tracks can be imported end exported to regular MIDI files, and edited using the built in piano-roll based MIDI editing window. The program supports AUi and VSTi instruments plug-ins for sample accurate software MIDI playback. It also supports ReWire technology to stream audio from other compatible audio programs.
How it works
• Record a base track (i.e. rythm guitar) with your Mac built-in mic or with an external mic
• Plug a standard headphone, record a solo or vocal track while listening to the rythm track
• Press play to listen to the multitrack recording, use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, apply EQ, compression, reverb etc.
• Save the song to a single .m4a or .mp3 file that you can share via internet, send by email or use it to create and audio CD (exporting to Mp3 requires Lame encoder)
• Supports AU and VST plugins and instruments
• Compression, Delay, Graphic EQ, Pitch Shift and time stretch effects, Parametric EQ with Spectrum analyzer + chromatic guitar Tuner
• Record and playback from multichannel audio devices
• The max number of tracks depends on the computer speed, with a typical Macbook you can use 20 or more tracks
• n-Track is currently the only only cross-platform multitrack recording software available for the Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
• Languages included: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
Limitations of the FREE version
• Supports up to 4 audio tracks with up to two effects per track (unlimited in the full version)
• Supports up to 8 MIDI tracks (unlimited in the full version)
• Supports up to 1 virtual instrument per song (unlimited in the full version)
• 16 bit recording quality (24 and 32 bits available in full version)
Compatibility with plug-ins, 64/32 bit
• The program comes in both 32 and 64 bit format (universal binary). If you want to start the program in 32 bit mode go to Applications, select the n-Track icon, press Command+i, then check the 'Open in 32 bit mode' option
• The 64 bit version can load 32 bit native plugins via the built-in nBridge module
What's New in Version 8.0.0
n-Track Studio 8 brings a host of new features and improvements over version 2.
If you purchased n-Track before the new v8 features are available as an in-app purchase.
If you purchased on or after 1/8/2015 the new features are included with no extra purchase.
Here's a summary of the main new features:
• Step Sequencer: Create beats, sequences or arpeggios easily with the new Step Sequencer. Start a song in one click using the factory patterns, or have fun creating your own.
• Streamlined Recording Process: Capture your best performances with the new multi-take recording mode, control parameter automation on separate lanes for each track, or get experimental with internal recording routing.
• Improved Audio Engine Performance: n-Track Studio is now faster and more stable. With less load on your system's CPU, your projects will now run more smoothly, letting you focus on creativity.
• Songtree Integration: n-Track Studio 8 brings music collaboration inside your DAW environment. The new integrated Songtree app lets you make music with others online. Get another musician into your project, or contribute to a song started by others.
• Pure Data Support: you can now load your Pure Data patches inside n-Track and use your favorite sounds and effects in your song.
• Beat Doctor: Detect transients and tweak your beats or rhythmic performances for perfect timing.
• Custom Envelope Shapes: You can now freely draw your envelopes and view them on multiple lanes.
• Audio Part Widgets: Audio parts now have fade and volume widgets for quick and precise editing.
• MIDI Step-Recording: Insert a note per step for advanced beat or sequence programming.
• Support for Rex Files: .REX files can now be imported and edited into your project.
• Updated GUI: n-Track Studio 8 presents a major graphic interface redesign.
• Improved User Guide: the redesigned and improved user guide lets you easily find topics and guide you through the program.