You can use your LifeCam to capture digital video and audio recordings and digital photos.
To create digital recordings and photos
- Click Start, point to All Programs, click Microsoft LifeCam, and then click Microsoft LifeCam.
- To create a video recording, click the Start video capture button.
To create an audio recording, click the Start audio capture button.
To take a photo, click the Capture a photo button.
- To stop recording, click the Stop button.
If your video is slow or choppy, stop the video capture, change the LifeCam resolution to a lower video resolution, and then restart the video capture. (To reset the resolution in the LifeCam software, on the Settings tab, select a lower resolution.)
- If the Start video capture, Start audio capture, or Capture a photo button is unavailable, select a lower resolution.
- All photos, video, and audio recordings that you capture during a LifeCam session are displayed as thumbnails in the multi-clip tray near the bottom of the LifeCam window. You can click a thumbnail to view it in your default viewer.
- Save the recorded content you want to keep. When you close your webcam session, unsaved content is not automatically saved or retained in the multi-clip tray.
- Photos, video, and audio recordings that you capture with a LifeCam webcam are stored in the Users//Pictures/LifeCam Files folder, where is the name that you use to log on to your computer. (To open this folder from the LifeCam software, click the Open LifeCam Files button.)
E-mailing digital recordings and photos
You can send captured content as an attachment to an e-mail message.
To e-mail the last captured recording or photo
- In the multi-clip tray, point to the thumbnail, and then click the Send in e-mail button.
Your default e-mail program opens an e-mail message with the last captured clip or photo included as an attachment.
- Enter an e-mail address and send the message.
To e-mail a previously captured and saved recording or photo
- Click the Open LifeCam Files button.
- Browse through the list of recorded clips and photos. Select the items that you want to send in e-mail.
- Right-click the selected items, point to Send to... , and then click Mail Recipient .
Your default e-mail program opens an e-mail message, with the selected items included as an attachment.