This post offers a wealth of information when it comes to recording things like webinars, Google Hangouts, and Skype calls. The TechSmith products that work best for this task are Snagit 11.1 on Windows, Camtasia for Mac 2.2, Camtasia Studio 7 or 8, and Camtasia Relay 4.1.1. Click on the links for FREE fully-functional trial versions.
* Please note: If you use Windows XP, you may not be able to do this without a workaround/hack (more detail in the PDF below).
1. First, figure out exactly what it is you’re trying to capture. In many cases, you want to capture your own voice and the voices of others in the hangout, webinar, or Skype call. Specifically, you’re typically going to want to capture your own voice (which is local) and everyone else’s voice (coming through your computer speakers).
2. To capture audio coming from your computer you’re going to want to use a feature called System Audio. System Audio is a feature that allows you to record the audio that is coming through your speakers. In other words, if you’re playing audio or watching a video on your computer, the audio that you hear can be captured using the System Audio feature.
Often, when recording something like Skype calls or Google Hangouts, you’re using the same audio devices to send audio to your audience as you are to record. It is important that you have the latest and most up-to-date drivers and software for your devices in order to make sure there are no device conflicts. If you’re going to record system audio, please make sure you have the latest and greatest version of the software that we offer. Check your software’s version history to ensure you’re running the latest version to ensure you have the best system-audio experience.
Mac fans aren’t going to want to hear this, but it’s much harder to capture system audio on the Mac platform because there are no native abilities in the operating system to do so. While there is software called “Soundflower” which can help to represent system audio on the Mac side as an audio device, it’s not always reliable and in some situations can cause problems. We’re working on developing more reliable ways of capturing this audio on the Mac and with Camtasia for Mac 2.2.1 and Camtasia Relay 4.1.1 have true system audio capture.
We’ve put together additional resources with tips for capturing Skype, Google+ Hangouts, and webinars:
Recording a Google Hangout with Snagit
And here is the end result of that Google Hangout recorded with Snagit:
- erectile dysfunction protocol book
- Find all the info that you need about " bulk USB Flash drives memorysuppliers " at https://memorysuppliers.com
- Looking for free items? Try freefong freecycle to find free stuff locally.
- The professional company emmanueltransport provides all the information on perth removalists.
- The professional company brandconstruction provides all the information on building company norwich.
- Trying to find retractable awning edgesigns ? Check out this page: http://edgesigns.com
- A website like celebes.com will provide you with the highest quality in the industry.
- Find all the info that you need about " tower scaffold for sale scaffold-tower " at scaffold-tower.net/